High Performance Revenue Socket Meter*
Cutting Edge Power Quality Analyzer
Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) has reached new heights with SATEC’s latest introduction in energy and power quality measurements for smart grid deployments.
* For bottom-up connection (DIN standard) see EM720.
The SATEC Model EM920 eXpertmeter™ is an advanced energy analyzer in a socket meter with precise measurement and expansion capabilities.
The EM920’s unique “Add-On” modularity is the key to its remarkable versatility and unprecedented effort to add intelligence, control and communications to electrical metering. SATEC’s “Add-On” module concept allows you to configure the meter to your changing needs, thus saving valuable time in the field or future costly replacements. Technological advancements revitalize legacy applications to rapidly and cost-efficiently respond to changing market conditions.
The Model EM920 eXpertmeter™ is an advanced energy meter that exceeds Class 0.2S class revenue billing requirement. It provides long term memory for load & trend profiles, and includes advanced power quality analysis to detect and record waveform events and fault currents harmful to power systems.
The EM920 eXpertmeter™ is MET certified.
The EM920 eXpertmeter™ Series is used in electric utility inter-ties, any electrical substation where precise information is required for planning purposes, and monitoring primary customers on the service entrance to provide a higher service in quality of power.
- Install at legacy substations where little to no information is currently provided. Just replace existing socket meter and instantly provide information previously unattainable.
- Long term monitoring and storing capabilities allow for many months of information storage. Record Time Of Use (TOU), load profile, Min/Max, custom reports etc. - essential information used for planning and maintenance engineers.
- Multiple simultaneous communications allow communication via MODBUS, DNP3.0, and MV90 while retrieving power quality events such as SAG/SWELL and transient detections.
- View Harmonic conditions locally to determine the cause of problems by utilizing its unique “Directional” Harmonics Power flow.
- View real time Oscillography and determine quality of power.
- Meets 0.1% revenue accuracy (tested to 0.05%)
- Active energy: class 0.2S precision ANSI C12.20 class 10/20
- Time Of Use (TOU) tariffs
- Unique anti-vandalism & anti-tampering features
- Transformer/Line Compensation (TLC)
- PT/CT errors correction (up to 8 points)
- Power Quality Analysis according to IEC 61000-4-30 Class A
- Built-in EN50160 statistics & reports
- Auxiliary power supply for continuous recording major dips & interruptions
- Harmonics & Inter-harmonics according to IEC 61000-4-7
- Directional power harmonics and power factor phasors
- Flicker measurement according to IEC 61000-4-15
- Waveform recording, up to 1024 samples/cycle
- Records fast transients overvoltages >17 microseconds
- Transients measured relative to ground
- Measures up to 2 kV pulses
- Up to 50 amp fault currents (10xIn)
- Event statistics complimented by waveform recording
- Logging memory 16 Mb built-in
- Time Synchronization - IRIG-B or Ethernet (SNTP)
- 16 programmable set points and hysteresis
- 2 standard digital inputs with 1 ms sample rate + 8 DI (optional module)
- 1 programmable relay output (KYZ relay output, form C) + 6 RO (optional module)
- Built-in infra-red port
- Ethernet (100Mb/s), USB & RS232/485
- Modbus Master/Slave mode
- IRIG-B & RS232/485
- GSM/GPRS (Class 10)
- Master/Slave Modbus Binary & ASCII
- Modbus RTU
- DNP 3.0
- IEC 61850 protocol
- IEC 62056-21/61
- Transient module (sampling rate up to 1024 samples per cycle)
- Auxiliary Power Supply module
- Communication module (Ethernet, IRIG-B, RS232/485)
- 6 Relay Outputs module
- 8 Digital Inputs module
- 4 Analog Output module