Smart Grid is a general name for various smart devices that improve control, reliability and information of the electrical network, from power plants, to substations, through the transmission and distribution networks to the prosumer (energy producer plus consumer).
SATEC offers over 25 years of experience in the Smart Grid field that covers practically any segment of the grid, including:
- Power station monitoring systems that monitors energy, power quality as well as operational parameters that allows generation planning and costing
- Substation automation bay controller with enormous digital and analog options, communication ports and protocols (including DNP 3, IEC 61850 and IEC 60870-5-101 and -104)
- IEC 61850 power meters with power quality for advanced digital substations
- Digital fault recording (DFR) with up to 40 times nominal current measurement (40xIn) and separated connections for protection and measurement CTs
- Renewable energy management allows maximizing the output of the PV or Wind turbine by alerting when the generation is not full compared to environmental conditions, as well as monitoring power quality in the grid connection
- Electric vehicle monitoring including energy consumption, harmonics and other power quality parameters, with accurate billing and time of use (TOU)
- Monitoring losses and power quality in distribution lines using pole top sensors, power quality analyzers and remote control cellular modems. Read more about SATEC’s unique solution for Smart Grid initiatives on 10-35kV distribution systems.